Monday, June 6, 2011




for my b'day all i wanted was to go be a tourist in charleston.  warren and i went and spent a night downtown in a beautiful hotel, ate yummy food, and had some celebratory glasses of wine.  but my favorite part was saturday- walking down king street, going to the farmers market, eating brunch and hopping in the ocean at sullivan's.  it was so much fun that i have decided that is how i want to spend all of my b'days from here on out!!
*UPDATE: when we were at the farmer's market there was the cutest girl selling these woodblock prints and she just happened to have one turquoise hanging swing like the one i just hung on my porch.  i thought i would never find her card but i got something better, an email from her!!  yippee- go check out stacey's site- perlaAnne...great prices, super cute prints (i bought 3 b/c i couldn't make up my mind), and check out the background in some of her prints- i spy angie hranowsky's house!!

*images courtesy of you are my fav, architectural digest/quadrille, suzie b, me

11 comments:

Dina said...

Happy belated! I always spend my birthdays in Charleston too, it's the best! Hope you tried Husk...so yummy and my new favorite spot!

H.G. The Countess said...

A weekend in Charleston would be my idea of a perfect birthday present too :)

Alison Royer said...

Sounds like a fun birthday!!! I love these photos-especially that bedroom!!

It's me said...

What a great colors !!...happy week...love Ria....xxx...

Colourrich said...

Happy Birthday!!
The swing is so cute. I love lime atm. Not sure I would always love it in my bedroom. I could definitely live with turquoise though.

Erin said...

Love the pic. I love Charleston too! Happy Belated.

Haven and Home said...

Hope you had a great birthday! Love that print!

The Curator said...

AHHH! I live in Charleston and saw the perlaAnne booth this past weekend and raved to my husband about her prints - I'm craving the bicycle!

www.thecagedbee.blogspot.com

kaysie said...

I love every single picture on your blog! I'll be back ;)


www.adayofk.blogspot.com

blue chickadee said...

happy late bday! i too love perlaAnne and i have a few of her hand blocked prints-octopus, jellyfish, camera and the bicycle. now a place to hang them....

Rebecca Malone said...

beautiful pictures -- love the fabric on the wall and duvet cover in this post -- it's all beautiful and inspiring!