Thursday, September 24, 2009

oh hey.





fancy meeting you here. see my day hasn't turned out the way i planned....
i woke up feeling awful, i drive tay to school, visualizing getting back in bed...*ring, ring- hello, we have an agent who wants to show your house today at lunch time {insert cuss word here}...seriously, my house is a disaster. i race home to clean and call mom (for some reason, it is easier to clean if i am talking on the phone), i get a beep, i continue to talk for another ummm 30 min....i hang up the phone. i check my messages...hi this is taylor's teacher, please come and pick her up, she is sick. my kid got kicked out of school. so i did what any mom would do in an ackward situation, i made warren go and get her :) i didn't want the wrath. i meet up w/ warren (i was sitting on a park bench sweating b/c my oil was being changed) and head to lunch...tay and i sit and stare at our food. neither of us are excited about what is in front of us. we finish lunch- still have 30 min to kill until the people who are looking at our house leave. drive in circles and stop at one of my stores- score an alabaster lamp. finally, we make it home (of course tay falls asleep in the car right when we are pulling into the neighborhood). i thought i could pick my child up and she would go effortlessly back to sleep once we were in the house...i attempt this.
*heavy sigh* peace and quite at last. i change clothes (a vintage sorority shirt...i mean do y'all still have those...this one's bid day 1998, it's HOT). i pull out the cupcake that my sweet husband brought me home and sit down to eat it. i am excited about the cupcake and my new lamp...
oh wait, fancy meeting you here: hey taylor, ohhhh you don't want to take a nap. GREAT. ohhhh you want some jello. hummmmm, sounds perfect. sweet, is that jello you are rubbing all over my leg. nice. oh and barron, would you lick that red jello off of the seagrass rug. thanks- that would be great.
you know, my day isn't working out the way i planned it. but hey, i hope yours is terrific.....

32 comments:

Laura Casey Interiors said...

I hope you get an offer on your house for the day you've had! Taylor is quite the cutie though.

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Oh no sweetie! Sorry to hear all that, but at least you had a cupcake to sweeten your day!

Collins @ Life. Mostly Sweet. said...

Oh no! Hope your day got better Shannon!

Oona Johnson said...

Mmmm... cupcake. That's makes anything better. Hope they liked the house with all the last minute stress they put you through. At least you got a fab lamp out of the whole deal, right? Gotta find the silver lining.

Sarah said...

I'm an agent, now I know how the sellers feel! terrible day!

MFAMB said...

yep! i've had a few of those before. hang in there.

Barefoot in the Park said...

oh what a day. at least there is one stylin lamp and a cupcake!

Love the Decor! said...

Hopefully that yummy chocolate cupcake is starting the turn for a better day!!
Ps
I hope you get an offer today on your home!!

Brooke @ Blueprint Bliss said...

I'm sorry but this made me laugh. Yes- we all have those days... I hope your day has gotten better. Love the photos from the day!

mb said...

Darn, real life happens every once in a while. I hope everyone feels better tomorrow and you have a better day.

Unknown said...

"Momma said there'll be days like this..." But at any rate, that alabaster lamp peeking in the corner of the picture is quite a score!

Unknown said...

A nice chocolate cupcake is enough to brighten anyone's day. Hope you sell your casa soon so you don't have to keep showing it. that's hard.

bluehydrangea said...

sorry your day was crazy but I got a good laugh at your description!! When it rains it pours! Hang in there and be sure to check out my blog tomorrow!

GrannySmithGreen said...

Hey! Were you at my house? It sounds just EXACTLY like one of my days! Hope you got a few minutes to yourself!

Rebecca C. said...

I do love you! xo, Bec

SGM said...

I love this post, not to mention the lamp.

Hope your day ended with a big fat offer!

SimplyGrove said...

Bless your heart!! Tomorrow will be fabulous for you!!! xx

Donna said...

Isn't that life!!! Hope today ends the week on a high note for you...your daughter is adorable!!!

Donna said...

By the way, one designer to another, what is that yummy wall color...I am searching for a client's bedroom!!!!

tarheel said...

you are funny, and at least you got a great lamp out of it.

Geisslein said...

oh my...what a day! Hope you will have a great and relaxed weekend with a lot of hugs, kisses and laughters! sunny greetings, geisslein

paula said...

This sounds like my week, I feel for you. Hope all looks up soon.

sara said...

Cracking up at the sorority bid day t-shirt circa 1998 - I'll admit I still have more than a few old sorority t-shirts hanging around. They are so broken in and comfortable for lounging around!

Fargerike Dagny said...

At least you got a cupcake ... :) Hope you get a fabulous weekend, and have lots of fun (to make you forget about that lousy day of yours).

dagny :)

Anonymous said...

so funny. but at least you still look super cyuuute with no make up and a sad face :) yaaaay!? :)

Jennifer said...

bless your heart. I hope your day got better and that you are both feeling better! but thanks for the little chuckle :)

and PUH-lease I practically live in old sorority t-shirts ...

Anonymous said...

The jello part made me laugh. Aren't dogs great? Hope your day tomorrow is relaxing.

Lauren said...

awwww feel better!! i remember selling our house & getting those calls. it's next to impossible with kids to keep it looking perfect.

big hug!

plaisirs simples said...

i HATE those kind of days that just don't go your way. i do have to say though....got a great laugh out of the bid day shirt....i SO have old ones laying around and still wear them on days just like that! love it!

hope your weekend goes better...:(

Sarah's Fab Day said...

I'm sorry sweet Shannon! Hopefully the cupcake can cure your crummy day. :)

Unknown said...

Hope you all are well and really happy by the time the day is over and you can relax on the weekend.
Such days....at least you keep you sense of humor!

Victoria

Unknown said...

aww, but in hindsight you can see the comedy in this! hope your weekend was much more relaxing!
xox