Friday, March 28, 2008

nobody does it like jim....







my brother is off on one his trips to thailand (he travels there at least twice a year, lived there for about 7 yrs, and has plans to return there eventually)...which makes me think about jim thompson and my love for his gorgeous fabrics. there is nothing as beautiful as the thai silk fabrics this company produces. when i was a freshman in college, my family went on a trip to thailand and i passed up the opportunity to go tour his home....probably to do something lame like layout by the pool. of course, my mom came back just totally mesmerized by his beautiful residence...10 years later, i am kicking myself for not going and seeing it. but you know, i guess at that time in my life a tan was more important...my how times change.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so not related to your post today, but my new domino just arrived yesterday and kelly wearstler is in it. she's going pretty mainstream, isn't she??

Shannon said...

Hi,
I thought my blog might be of interest to you
www.eightcrazydesignstwo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

we must meet! I lived in bangkok for 6 months after I finished SCAD and love, love jim thompson! my mother has his silk all throughout our home...hopefully one day- I will be as lucky =)